The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of Safe Hopeful Healthy Baton Rouge programs, events, and initiatives. Duties typically include assisting with planning and execution of Safe Hopeful Healthy BR affiliated events, program implementation and administration, digital engagement, measuring and communicating outcomes, and ensuring accountability of all programmatic activities.
- Serves as core coordinator assisting in coordinating and managing programs under each of the four pillars.
- Monitors and supervises the activities of all program employees and partners.
- Participates in the development and execution of Special Programs and Initiatives i.e Men’s Delegation, Alumni Round-Up, Mayor’s Youth Workforce Experience, Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council, and Summer of Hope/Extended Initiatives; as we all as Cultural Awareness related programming i.e MLK Holiday BR and Juneteenth.
- Serves as a point of contact between The Mayor’s Office,other departments, and/or external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic and administrative matters; assists with seminars, meetings, special projects, and/or general problem resolution.
- Coordinates activities and meetings of support staff, local and national partners, and/or volunteers engaged in the implementation and administration of Safe Hopeful Healthy Baton Rouge’s objectives.
- Assist with the creation of monthly reviews and status reports to ensure accountability of all project activities.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain an agenda.
- Ensures the implementation of policies and practices.
Outreach and Engagement
- Acts as one of the Safe Hopeful Healthy’s contact person and liaison
- Network with local, regional, state, and national agencies; educational institutions; nonprofit organizations; and private sector business interests for future program development.
- Interacts with members of the community to help achieve program goals and objectives.
- Attends occasional community events hosted by ecosystem members, partners, and/or community members.
- Inform social media and branding partners on upcoming events, timely language, and overall vision for social media platforms.
- Develop monthly newsletter specific to upcoming Safe Hopeful Healthy BR events, meetings, and public safety related facts.
- Supports development of communications plans for Safe Hopeful Healthy programs and related events.
- Manage on-going updates of contact listing.
- Develop template messaging and responses for text blasts, social media direct messaging, etc.
- Organize Dropbox files with media assets designed and captured by agency partners.
- Updates presentations for events, meetings, and other engagements.
- Design graphics as needed.
- On the ground content capture as needed.
- Support in development of talk points for public safety related briefings when needed.
- Manage and/or Coordinates community outreach events as part of long-term Safe Hopeful Healthy BR programs or short-term projects and initiatives.
- Coordinates needed meetings and conversations among event partners throughout planning, execution, and reporting.
- Develops and ensures accountability of workflows, roles, and assignments for involved parties.
- Plans monthly Community-Based Public Safety Ecosystem Convenings by developing agenda, implementing communications plan, and coordinating speakers, food, and other operational logistics.
- Supports project coordinator in Safe Hopeful Healthy Baton Rouge related events.
- Serves as on-the ground support in event set-up, during event, and breakdown.
- Manages the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the successive phases of the project to capture project performance and results.
- Maintains record of attendees at events.